Ever over due it over the weekend with with the pizza and adult beverages and wake up on Monday and your waist line is totally hating all your bad decisions? No? Just me? Well if you ever find yourself in a bind to push out the water weight, look no further. I love making a batch of “detox water” to help flush out the excess water weight and bloat thats hanging around.
The recipe is super simple, with just a few ingredients. I meld all the flavors together in a large pitcher & then divide the water up into smaller mason jars for meal prep. I try and drink two of them a day. These guys are a perfect re-hyradter and the water has lots of vitamin C from the lemons, which acts as a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and metabolism booster.
- 1/2 of a lemon cut into slices
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 10 mint leaves
- *Ginger if desired
- Add a handful of watermelon for a fruitier flavor
- On the bottom of a large pitcher layer the lemon and cucumber. (and watermelon if using
- Fill pitcher with water
- Add mint leaves
- Let flavors meld together in fridge for at least 8 hours
- Pour directly from pitcher or divide up into equal parts into mason jars