The best breakfasts are the ones that you can make ahead of time, set & forget– and still be able enjoy all week long. That is where these delicious and decadent strawberry chocolate chip overnight oats come into play.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Over Night Oats
Overnight oats are a creamy mixture of old fashioned oats, non-dairy yogurt and unsweetened almond milk combined together in the fridge overnight. The jar travels easy, making it a great option for a breakfast on the run or perhaps a good addition to the lunch box.
My husband requests these often as he can quickly grab it from the fridge and easy throw the jar into his briefcase. This is also an extremely easy breakfast idea for toddlers.
This recipe can be easily manipulated to use whatever kind of fruit, yogurt or milk you have on hand. I use unsweetend almond milk for this recipe, just because it has less sugar and still packs a lot of flavor. I have also used coconut milk, hemp and cashew milk. The oats should stay good for 3-4 days (covered) in the fridge. Enjoy!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats (double check if gluten free)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut yogurt (or yogurt alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup diced strawberries (or raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon chia OR flax seed (optional)
- In a small mason jar, combine all ingredients.
- Mix wellwith spoon and place lid on top of jar.
- Refrigerate the jars overnight or for 8 hours.
- Serve chilled in the morning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.