Trick-or-treating is over, you just ran/walked an impressive half marathon of approximatly 13.1 miles, battering the cold and rain, carried three trick-or-treat baskets, two children, a wagon, and little Tommy’s enormous dinosaur head that he didn’t want to wear two houses in.
You kick your feet up and notice that the house looks like a tiny massacre has taken place with wands, brooms, and swords scattered through the whole house, smeared makeup all over your bathroom counters and candy wrappers thrown all over the floor. You are treated with the relaxing sounds of your children sorting through the abundance of halloween candy and the fighting with their siblings about fair candy trade. Is it time for an adult beverage?
Your in luck, because The Horseman’s Head is a Halloween cocktail that is beautifully layered with an abundance of flavors and color and it packs a serious punch.
Beer In A Cocktail?
The flavors don’t seem like they would go together- grenadine, orange juice and Guinness? But they meld together boo-tifully. The Guinness adds a layer of complexity and bubbles, which rounds out the drink.
All In The Layering
You would think this enticing beverage is first layered with the grenadine, but you are wrong. The grenadine actually sinks to the bottom and is poured in before the Guinness, for a little Halloween Magic. You will really wow your guests as they watch you pour the different layers
into this complex alcoholic drink.
Signature Halloween Cocktail
Make the Horseman’s Head your next signature Halloween cocktail and be sure to wow your guests. A little sweet, a little tarte, topped with a little “fizz” it will have everyone buzzing for a little more.
If you are making the drink poured to order, be sure to tell your guests that you added a pumpkin garnish for a little bit of fun. If not, pour the drinks ahead of time with a cocktail menu off to the side, listing the ingredients. It could read something like this:
- Horses Blood (Grenadine)
- Pumpkin Guts (Orange Juice)
- A Dash of Magic (Cinnamon Whiskey)
- A Splash of Witches Brew (Guinness)
- Garnished With a Pumpkin (Orange)
- Guiness Beer
- Grenadine (enough to layer bottom of a glass)
- 1.5 oz of Cinnamon Whiskey
- 6 oz Orange Juice
- Orange for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large glass with ice
- Pour in the orangish juice and then add the cinnamon whiskey
- Gently pour the grenadine into the glass until it lines the bottom about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Slowly pour the Guinness beer on top, until the glass is filled.
- Garnish with a wedge of orange (or pumpkin)