Looking for a low carb delicious dinner, try this delicious Instant pot lemony butter chicken served over zucchini noodles. A quick and easy chicken dish cooked in the Instant Pot and served over delicious buttery garlic zucchini noodles.
Instant Pot Chicken
I LOVE my instant pot so much, I find myself using it at least 2-3 times a week if not more. I’m extremely guilty of the clock striking 4pm with no dinner plans and rock solid frozen chicken. The great thing about the Instant pot is you can cook that frozen chicken without having to defrost it in under an hour (or less).
That brings me to zucchini noodles or zoodles. A few years ago when I was trying to loose weight I discovered the world of spiralized vegetables. Its a great way to cut the carbs but enjoy your favorite pasta dishes. Honestly, its an acquired taste or mind over matter kind of thing because my husband just can not jump on the zoodle wagon (he misses his pasta) but for me its a great healthy substitute.
Spiralizers can easily be found just about anywhere these days, I saw one at the grocery store right next to the zucchinis last time I was there.
While the chicken is cooking I saute the vegetables in a separate pan. One of my favorite new short cuts is garlic infused oils. It gives it a great flavor without the effort of having to peal and mince up garlic.
You could easily serve the chicken over your favorite noodles or even over a large plate of rice. Easy, delicious and somewhat healthy. Great to add to your weekly meal rotation. This would also be an easy way to meal prep for lunches for the week too.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy butter (or regular butter)
- 1 onion, diced
- ¾ cup organic chicken broth
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 5 teaspoon flour
- 1 Spiralized Zucchini
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- *Parmesan Cheese if desired
1.Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode. When it becomes hot add in your butter until about half of it melts
2. Add in the diced onion, garlic, paprika, parsley, & pepper and sauté until onions have softened.
3. With your Instant Pot still set to sauté, add the chicken to the butter onion mixture and sear the chicken on each side for about 2-3 minutes
4. Pour chicken broth, lemon juice, onion powder, salt and pepper over the chicken and stir
5. Lock lid into place and ensure steam valve is closed. Set Instant Pot to poultry setting and cook for 10 minutes if chicken is thawed (13-15 minutes if it’s frozen)
6. Once done, let depressurize naturally
7. While chicken is depressurizing, in a separate pan on stove, add 1 tablespoon of garlic infused coconut oil until hot.
7. Saute zuchinni noodles for about 5-7 minutes until noodles are soft
8. Add cherry tomatoes into zucchini noodle pan and cook with noodles for the last 2-3 minutes
9. Once chicken has naturally depressurized, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, but leave the sauce in the pan. Gradually stir in flour of your choosing to thicken sauce.
10. Place chicken on top of cooked zucchini noodles and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired